Testing new way
…to create a post!
Fall has finally come to Georgia, which means it’s only hot, not unbearably so. There’s a chance, depending on my graduation date and my job search, this could be my last fall in Georgia.
I’ve re-designed the website to a static one, based on Jekyll. The comments are handled by disqus.
REPOST- Gas Station Pet Peeves
Gas station pet peeves:
- Different prices for cash and credit sales. It’s the 21st century. Get real. This is an insta-drive-off if I notice in time.
- Card readers at the pump that don’t work… but don’t tell you until you swipe AND put in your zip code. Pretty sure I’m getting scammed.
- When I ask for 8 gallons, and the guy rounds me up to 15 dollars instead of $14.50. Shoulda said no.
- The card reader in front of the glass booth doesn’t work. Now I’m certain I’m getting scammed. Guy runs the card on the interior of his little booth instead.
- When I put 8.1 gallons in the fucking car for $14.70 and the pump tells me to go get a refund. Fuck that.
- The fact that I felt guilty after OVERPAYING FOR GASOLINE. WHY?! WHY WOULD I FEEL GUILTY? I WAS THE ONE WHO WAS WRONGED!
Anyways I tried a different gas station on my way home and it didn’t totally work out for me. Technically it just hit pet peeves 2-6 so in all honesty a worse gas station experience does exist, at least on paper.
REPOST- Rachel Bloom and Song Mythology
I’ve been watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, a show whose comedy hits me in exactly the right place. Of course, my last 2 favorite comedies were Happy Endings and Community, both of which met ignoble ends, so it’s not a great sign for the already-lowly-rated Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Apparently my fandom isn’t worth much. [EDIT: Well it got renewed, although the details have yet to emerge. Thankfully someone is championing it within CW...]
subscribe via RSS